The Little Match Girl Book
The first retelling is true to the original poignant tale of hunger, cold, and the death of the young girl selling matches on the street. Lavreys's fanciful acrylic paintings soften Andersen's indictment of an indifferent society that allows such poverty and misery to exist. The resignation and calm on the girl's face capture her sadness, as does the artist's palette of soft colors.
- The Little Match Girl Book
- Approximate Size: 9 x 0.1 x 11.5 inches
- 32 Pages
- Soft Cover Book
- Age Range: 5-8 years
- Grade Level: Kindergarten - 3
- Author: Hans Christian Anderson
- Illustrator: Jerry Pinkney
Be the first to review this product.